Can you use Oculus Quest 2 on PS4? Ever this question comes to your mind? I mean, the Oculus Quest has to work with some devices, right? In this article, I’ll compare how it works with the PS4 and how it will change your gaming experience. If you want to know what advantages you can get from connecting Quest 2 to an Android device, read on.
Remember that there are many different VR headsets on the market (actually too many). Because of this, we have different options when using our headsets. That said, Oculus Quest 2.0 works with PlayStation 4 and PC so let’s break them down.
Does The Oculus Quest Work With PlayStation 4?
The Oculus Quest is compatible with the PlayStation 4, but you’ll have to go through some extra steps to make it happen.
To use your Oculus Quest with PlayStation 4, you’ll need a few things:
- An Oculus Quest headset and controller (obviously). If you’re using the standalone version of the headset, you’ll also need a compatible PC with Windows 10 and at least an Intel Core i5-4590 processor.
- A PS4 console and a PSVR headset (if you have one). If not, several alternatives support VR games on PlayStation 4.
- A USB cable to connect your Oculus Quest controller’s charging dock to your computer or laptop (if you don’t already have one).
- It also requires an adapter to connect the two. The adapter is called the Oculus Remote and allows you to connect your device to your PS4 controller. You can buy one from Amazon for $25.
Once you have connected everything correctly, you can use the remote as a controller for any game on a PC or Mac that supports VR.
How To Connect Your PlayStation To Your Quest 2 | 4 Methods
Method 1: Viral Desktop
If you have a PlayStation and a Quest 2, you can connect your PlayStation to your Quest 2 via Viral Desktop. The process is not complicated, but there are some steps involved.
First, open Viral Desktop on your PC or Mac. Click the “Connect” button in the top right corner of the screen to access the “Connect” menu. Under “Find Device,” click “PlayStation” and then click “Next.” Your device should appear on your screen with a green check mark. Click on that green check mark and select “Connect.”
You should now see an icon for your PlayStation at the top of your screen. Click on this icon to open up a window that allows you to choose which folder you want to share with your PlayStation (you can also choose whether or not other people can see these files).
Once you’ve chosen what you want to share and how many of those files other people can see, click “OK.” You’ll be taken back to your original window, where you can see all the folders in one place—these folders include any folders from other devices and ones from within Viral Desktop itself (like documents or photos).
You’re done! Now
Method 2: Sidequest Software
Step 1: First, you must enable developer mode on your quest 2.
- Go to your Quest 2’s settings menu.
- Click on “More Settings” at the bottom of this menu.
- Please scroll down to Developer Mode and enable it by turning all switches on (in most cases, there are four switches).
Step 2: To enable developer mode, go to the settings and click on “More settings.” Then go to the “Developer mode” section and turn every switch on.
Step 3: Make sure you have Epic Launcher installed on your PC. If you don’t have the Epic launcher installed, download it from the Epic Games website. After installing it, log in using your existing Epic account or create one if you don’t already have one.
Step 4: Go on the Sidequest website, then download Sidequest and install it on your pc. Next, go to the Sidequest website and download Sidequest. Once it’s downloaded, install it on your computer. Follow the instructions that pop up on the screen to complete the installation of Sidequest.
Next, plug your Quest 2 headset into a USB port on your PC using a USB-A to USB-C cable (the same one that came with your headset). If you don’t have one of these cables, you can buy one here.
Step 5: Open the Sidequest app and connect your Quest 2 to the pc via a USB cable. If you are using a wireless connection, you will need to connect it to the pc via a USB cable.
Step 6: Once linked, go under the “Apps” section and type Revive in the search bar. Then hit the green button to install it in your Quest 2. To install this, you must first open Sidequest and click on “Apps.” Then type Revive in the search bar. Once found, hit the green button to install it in your Quest 2.
If all goes well, close Sidequest and open it again. Click on the Revive Dashboard, and you’ll be taken to a page that shows what games are available for download from GOG Galaxy (a digital distribution platform) or Steam (a popular gaming client).
From there, choose which game(s) you want to play on your Quest 2 from either platform’s library by clicking them once, pressing “Download,” and then waiting until they finish downloading before playing them.
Step 7: Now that Revive is installed, close Sidequest and open it again. Then click on “Revive Dashboard” under the “VR Headsets” menu. A window showing you whether Revive is working correctly or not should pop up. If all is good, then you can close this window.
Method 3: PS Remote Play
You can stream PlayStation 4 games from your console to your PC using PS Remote Play. This feature allows you to play all sorts of titles on a Windows PC with an internet connection—even if your PS4 is miles away from where you are at any given moment! Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Download and install the PS Remote Play software on your PC. The PS Remote Play software is free, available for both Windows and Mac, and compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac. It’s easy to download and install.
Step 2: Enable Remote Play on your PS4.
- Go to the Settings on your PS4.
- Select Remote Play.
- Make sure that the box for Enable Remote Play is ticked and click Save.
Step 3: Install the PS Remote Play application on your Quest 2.
- Install the PS Remote Play application on your Quest 2.
- Open the app and connect to your PS4.
- If you have not set up a PlayStation profile, you will be prompted to do so now at this time; otherwise, skip to step 4 below (if applicable).
- When prompted with “Connecting…” and a spinning icon in the upper-right corner of your display, select “Skip” or press X on [you’re] controller for this step (you may also choose “Cancel” if you would prefer not yet). An account selection pop-up will appear next for those who are already signed into their PlayStation accounts via PC/Mac software. Users can choose which account they would like to use for remote play functionality – select accordingly before proceeding.
Step 4: Now connect your DualShock 4 controller to your PC. Connecting your DualShock 4 controller to your PC is as easy as plugging it in. You’ll need to first connect the controller to the back of your computer via a USB cable, allowing you to use it on the PS4 Remote Play interface. If you don’t have one lying around, then fear not: Amazon sells them for just $7.99!
After that, open up your Remote Play application and select “Connect Device” from the main menu. You’ll be prompted with several options for pairing devices—you can choose either “Bluetooth” or “USB.”
If you’re using Bluetooth connectivity, ensure both devices are powered off before connecting them via a USB cable (or by removing batteries).
Step 5: Launch the Remote Play connection and configure it for your Quest 2. To do this, open the PlayStation app on your PC and select the Remote Play option in the left-hand menu. Then, click Connect to Console and select your device from the list of available devices.
Method 4: Oculus Link
Oculus Link is a new feature that allows you to play some of your favorite PSVR games on the Quest platform. It’s pretty simple to set up, and all you need is a USB 3.0 cable and a compatible gaming PC with some decent specs. We’ll show you how to play PSVR games via Oculus Link.
To connect your PlayStation to Oculus Quest 2, you’ll need the following:
- Oculus Quest 2
- USB 3.0 cable (if you don’t already have one)
- A compatible gaming PC with some decent specs to get the job done
Step 1: Connect the cable to your Quest 2 using the USB-C port on the headset’s left.
If you’ve already connected your PlayStation to your Quest 2 via the USB-C port on the left side of the headset, you’ll want to connect it to your gaming PC in the same way. The other end of this cable should have a USB 3.0 connector.
Step 2: Connect the other end of the cable to your gaming PC.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your gaming PC.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Oculus Link.
- You’ll need a compatible gaming PC and some decent specs, but we can help you get started on that front too!
Step 3: Go to Settings on your Quest 2, select Oculus Link, and click “Enable.”
- Select the “Oculus Link” option.
- Click on “Enable.”
- You will then receive a prompt to connect your Quest 2 to a gaming PC.
- Click on “Yes” to proceed.
Step 4: You will then receive a prompt asking you to connect your Quest 2 to a gaming PC. Click Yes to proceed.
- Once your gaming PC is connected to the internet, download and install Oculus Link.
- Open Oculus Link on your gaming PC and follow the on-screen instructions to connect it to your Quest 2 via USB 3.0 cable (available at local electronics stores).
- You will then receive a prompt asking you to connect your Quest 2 to a gaming PC. Click Yes to proceed with the connection process by selecting Connect To A Remote System In The Cloud from the menu bar at the bottom left corner of the screen (this may differ depending on your version of Windows 10).
Step 5: Next, you’ll need to install the Oculus App on your PC, and once that’s done, it will prompt you to allow access to data (you should allow this). Then you’ll need to log in with your Facebook account details. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to create one from scratch or use an existing account if you have one.
Step 6: Once that’s all done, go back to your headset and follow any further instructions on the screen until you reach the “Ready for Link” step, in which case, you should be able to play PSVR games via Oculus Link.
Ultimately, I should answer whether you can use Oculus Quest 2 on PS4. Yes, if you own a PlayStation VR headset, you can connect it to your Quest headset. Oculus Quest can be combined with other compatible game systems and devices, including PCs and the Xbox.